Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Whole30 day 23

sleep:
7 hrs. I actually was ready for bed by 9pm last night, so I could have gotten a full 8 hrs. Somehow I always manage to fart around for an hour doing nothing of significance, and really regret it the next morning when I have to drag my ass out of bed at 4:50 am.

exercise:
crossfit
took kina for our usual 2.4 mile walk

Meal 1 + bonus post WOD meal:
kalua pork with veggies
kabocha squash mash

Meal 2:
leftover chicken drumsticks made by @eperry for the superbowl party (so glad I kept them, and wishing I had kept more!)
roasted butternut squash
plantain chips (I ate too many of these. I think this is why I have not noticed my pants getting looser)
1 cutie (tangerine)
Meal 3:
I loved nomnompaleo's recipe for beef so much that I decided to make more -- except that I had no more beef at home. I had some chicken tenders, though, so I used those instead. Turned out pretty well!
I put them on a bed of roasted butternut squash. Yummers.
I finished off the rest of the plantain chips afterwards. Thank God no more of those.

it's 7:32 pm, and the fuelband reads 3029.

Was talking with a good friend about how things have been going with the Whole30. She questioned where I get my motivation to stick with it, and how I can manage to get up to go to crossfit in the morning on top of it.

My answer? Failure is not an option. I think I mentioned this before, but all of the 30 day challenges I've participated in before have been half-assed on my part. I have always felt that a Whole30 -- no, paleo for 30 days even -- is impossible to do, so I've gone into the challenges knowing I would fail. Committing to the Whole30 (a true Whole30) this time left no room for mistakes/cheats. Have I been perfect thus far? no... I've had some grapeseed oil and canola oil here and there, but knowing that there just is no room for slipups, and that everything I put in my mouth is a choice I make (as Whole9 says, you don't often slip and fall, mouth open, onto a doughnut) has somehow made a huge difference in my sticktoitness. I guess I finally got tired of sabotaging myself and making excuses for my lackluster efforts at being healthy (but complaining about how fat I was getting nonetheless). Knowing that I have friends out there reading and backing me up has also been HUGE. So thank you, my friends, for the support and helping me to get this far.

One week left. 7 days to victory!

2 comments:

chungabunga said...

7 weeks to victory! you've been amazing these past couple of weeks! it's been encouraging to me how well you've been following the whole 30 lifestyle. you've been inspiring me to do well on the 60 day body fat challenge at my box :).

edeline lu said...

chungabunga!

Yay for you! Misery loves company, so keep posting your food porn pics!