Sunday, February 10, 2013

Whole30 day 28


4 weeks down... hard to believe it's been that long!

Sleep: not exactly sure how much sleep I got, but I didn't officially get out of bed until 10:45 am. That's a freaking record for me -- was probably making up for the sleep deficit I amassed during the meeting. Also, crying makes me tired.

Exercise: none. Just felt like vegging out on the couch all day, so I indulged myself.

Meal 1: 
kalua pork and veggies -- because it's the first day of the new year, and the tradition is to eat leftovers on the first day to signify that the previous years' prosperity will overflow into the next year. Then I threw out the rest of the kalua pork (because I only had a little bit left, and I'm getting pretty sick of kalua pork).

Meal 2:
Green juice from WholeFoods -- apple, celery, spinach, lime, lemon, and some other veggies that I can't remember. 
I was out buying groceries for the week. I know I should have had some protein and fat as well, but I just wasn't hungry.

Meal 3:
1/2 roasted chicken from Chicken Dijon
baba ghanoush
steamed veggies
macadamia nuts

My pants felt really loose yesterday. I think I plateaued during the last week or two because I was snacking on nuts a lot (I may not have recorded them on the blog, now that I think about it; but I did snack quite a bit on nuts), and my clothes weren't getting any looser. Being away from home and not having nuts to snack on at the meeting broke my plateau. I put my smaller jeans on yesterday, and I'm able to button them up! They are still ridiculously tight (in addition to giving me an awesome muffin top), but I can at least button them, which is a huge improvement from not even getting them up past my butt a few weeks ago.

Lesson? Stop snacking, dummy!
Also, probably a good idea to do another Whole30, as it seems I still have the habit of putting things in my mouth even when I'm not hungry.


2 comments:

YoungVeezy said...

I won't make any crude jokes here. Anyway, congrats on the amazing journey so far

chungabunga said...

that's fantastic progress!

from the female friends i know who have gone on paleo challenges, they tell me that it takes them two months to get the results that guys get in only a month...