6 hrs.
exercise:
none. needed to go over my lecture before work again.
Meal 1:
leftover beef and kabocha mash
Meal 2:
beef and kabocha mash (I really need to buy more veggies)
plantain chips
Meal 3:
My parents came over. They didn't get to see me all weekend, and they wanted to hang out, so we decided to go out for dinner. My mom wanted salt and pepper pork (translation: deep-fried salt and flour with some pepper and a little bit of fatty pork) from a place nearby. It happens to be almost next door to Chicken Dijon, so... I had another gyro plate with baba ghanoush and steamed veggies. Far more Whole30 compliant than any Chinese restaurant. It does make me a little sad that I cannot eat the food of my people while doing the whole30, but my clear skin and looser pants speak volumes as to whether or not it's necessarily a bad thing that I am not eating Chinese food.
There was a lot of talk yesterday between me and my paleo-esque/zone buddies as to the sustainability of eating this way for life. Crossfit Irvine will be starting another 30 day challenge about 2 days after this one ends. I've been debating whether or not to allow myself 2 balls-out cheat days or to just keep going. I'm leaning towards continuing because if nothing else, this Whole30 (in comparison to previous 30 day challenges) has taught me that I sort of need an all-or-nothing situation when it comes to eating. Give me an opportunity to cheat, and I will manage to completely derail. I don't feel like I've deprived myself of anything in the past 20 or so days, but I know that life happens, and I won't want to miss out on certain things in the name of the Whole30.
One of my friends is doing 100 days of paleo. I'm not crazy enough to do a Whole100, but the idea of 100 days of paleo intrigues me. The hope is to transition from 100 days of paleo into paleo for life, which would be great. I'm pretty sure my sweet tooth would be happy with some of the paleo desserts I saw last night!
It's 7:25 pm, and my fuelband reads 1561. Besides this being the time of the month where I want to eat massive quantities of food, it's also the time of the month that I am just exhausted all the time. I have to say I'm not that fatigued this time around, but I did find myself wanting a nap when I got home from work. I decided to try listening to my body for once (rather than denying it everything it asks for) and took a nap instead of going to crossfit.
I will be at a California Optometric Association meeting on Friday and Saturday, and then it's Chinese New Year this weekend (read: more food of my people and bad food options). I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of sleep-deprivation and temptation (going out for dinner/drinks,
1 comment:
I know you can survive this weekend!
Post a Comment