Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Whole30 day 3

Sleep (last night): 6.5 hrs.
I started watching a documentary on PBS? called "my big fat diet" that kept me up past my bedtime. I finally dvr'd the rest and went to bed. It was about Native American people in Canada and the prevalence of obesity, diabetes, etc since European influence and a doctor who recommended that they return to their native diet to reduce these diseases. He started a yearlong study with about 60 of them. I'll fill you in on the results when i finish it. What did their diet sound a lot like? I'll give you one guess...

Exercise: 5:30 am crossfit. I scaled the shit out of the WOD, but felt waaaaay better.
Took Kina for a 2.4 mile walk

Meal 1 + postWOD bonus meal:
Eggs scrambled with broccoli slaw, tomato and onion (becoming my default brekkie)
Leftover lemon dill salmon
Leftover butternut squash purée
1/2 avocado
Coffee, black

Meal 2:
chicken cacciatore (it is very sour, and too much liquid! Need to modify that for next time)
braised green beans
kabocha squash mash (it's green because I actually mashed the rind into it too. I used ghee and a little chicken stock. H'oh man, it's YUMMY)


Meal 3: happened at 9 pm (that's when I got home from work), so it was leftovers I had prepared this weekend. I am so thankful that I prepped ahead of time and made this, because the last thing I wanted to do when I got home is make dinner.

Cauliflower "fried rice," modified from Everyday Paleo and Nomnompaleo:


As I was pulling this out of the fridge, I realized that I only have enough protein prepped for lunch tomorrow (another long/late day). I wanted to punch myself in the face. So... even though I'm pretty tired (and very sore from yesterday and this morning's WODs), I put pork tenderloin in the slow cooker. I'm attempting Kalua Pig a la Nomnompaleo. I'm a little apprehensive because lately everything I've thrown into the slow cooker has turned out dry. 

It's about 10 pm and I am just sitting down to rest for the first time today. According to Whole9, I should have worked another meal into my day, but the patient schedule was just too tight this evening and I wasn't able to take a snack break. I ended up going from meal 2 at 12 pm to meal 3 at 9 pm. My hunger level wasn't too bad when I got home, though, so I'm hoping I might already be fat-adapted!

Nike fuel points: 3894! Phew! I knew I was tired!

Day 3 is done! I'm off to bed. I've managed to acquire a few more readers, which actually really helps with accountability (knowing I have to blog/photo everything I put in my piehole makes me think twice before putting it in, heh). Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

YoungVeezy said...

You are doing great! Next goal 4k fuel points!

Eeyore99877 said...

Don't know how you can work out so early in the morning, work in clinic so late and still cook/eat amazing healthy food! Keep it up!!!