8 hrs. I did not go to Crossfit this morning because I didn't get home until 10 last night. I'm finding that sleep really affects my ability to stay strong in the face of temptation. If I'm tired, I give in more easily to cravings (or they surface more often -- see yesterday's post about wanting to nosh on something and eating too many nuts/plantain chips).
Exercise:
took Kina for a walk. We went on a different path, so I'm not sure how far we walked. It probably took about half an hour or so.
Went for oly lifting at CrossFit after work (class got out early, yay!). Today was my first official return to olympic lifting. I am the suck. I miss the days where any weight I threw around was a PR. My max numbers today were pretty sad when compared to where I was before surgery. It's frustrating to backslide, but I'm glad to be back at it, and as Coach Rob says, live to fight again another day.
Supplements:
Fish oil, D3
Meal 1:
Kalua pork with veggies (mushrooms, spinach, onion, salsa)
kale stir fried with garlic and olive oil
Meal 2:
sandwich in a bowl from Whichwich (turkey lunchmeat on a bed of spinach with tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, pickles, bacon and avocado)
I really need to cook something tonight. I don't like spending this much on food per meal
Meal 3:
I had nothing in my fridge, so I stopped by the market on the way home from crossfit and bought stuff to cook for the rest of the week.
I made spaghetti squash, sauce, kabocha squash mash and cauliflower fried rice. While I was cooking, I snacked a bit on sweet potato chips and strawberries that my mom bought from the farmer's market over the weekend (translation: a little bit of fat and carbs). By the time I finished, I wasn't very hungry, but I probably wouldn't make it through crossfit tomorrow morning if I don't eat at all, so I opted for a small bowl of spaghetti squash and sauce:
It's 8:45 pm, and my fuelband reads: 3126



5 comments:
that spaghetti sauce looks delicious!
i need to find places that sell affordable paleo-friendly raised protein sources because just eating ground beef is getting boring...
outside of whole foods, I don't really know of any other places unless you are willing to go through a CSA.
Olympic lifting? Awesome. I love that you are cooking most of your meals. Between school, walking Kina and crossfit I don't know how you find the time! The spaghetti squash looks good :)
I cleaned out my fridge and freezer this weekend in preparation to buying my protein online :P.
Chungabunga,
sweet! My box is working out a delivery deal with a CSA for beef too. It'll be good because we don't have to buy an entire half a cow... should be able to just order a few lbs at a time. I'll let you know who it is when I get more info.
Post a Comment