Halfway through!
Sleep:
6 hrs. I got in late last night from the game, and woke up early this morning because I needed to make sure my lecture was ready (I am the ultimate procrastinator) before 9 so I skipped crossfit but was still up at 5 am to work.
Exercise:
none. See above
Meal 1:
kalua pork and veggies
Due to social engagements, energy spent organizing my house and poor planning, I did not make it to the grocery store this weekend. Nor did I get to prepare food for the week. I have a meeting tonight to go to that will last until 10 pm, so I'm a little bit effed as far as Whole30 goes. I am too far in to screw up, though, so you will be seeing me eat out a lot until I can cook something.
Meal 2:
Grilled cajun swai (from California Fish Grill)
Sweet potato fries
decided to go to Trader Joe's during my lunch break, which was a HUGE mistake. I wanted something to snack on pretty badly, so I bought some plantain chips and some nuts (almonds and cashews).
I have been sitting here at my desk noshing on them like there's no tomorrow. I should not be allowed to buy nuts/chips unless I can prepackage them in reasonable serving sizes. (This was at 5 pm)
Meal 3:
Power Mediterranean salad from panera.
Part of a meatball from bucca di beppo until I realized there might be bread crumbs in it, then stopped.
I'm determined to prove I can survive "life as normal" while eating paleo. Thus far I have been pretty successful. I'm not going to sugar coat it and say it doesn't suck to be eating salad when everybody else is eating pasta and bread. The key is that I'm finally putting my own health in front of my need to fit in and be "normal," and food no longer owns me. It's incredibly freeing (while also incredibly restrictive at the same time. It's an odd sort of oxymoron)
It's 10:10 pm and my fuelband reads 2819.
1 comment:
The key is that I'm finally putting my own health in front of my need to fit in and be "normal," and food no longer owns me.
what an awesome attitude! :)
Post a Comment