Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Whole30 day 2

Sleep (last night): 7 hrs total. Woke up 3 times (drank too much water before bed I guess), once for kina
Exercise: crossfit (5:30 am). Felt HORRIBLE. I've never come this close to throwing up after a WOD

Supplements: fish oil, D3

Meal 1 + post WOD bonus meal in one:
2 eggs scrambled with tomato, onion and broccoli slaw (I bought it and then discovered I didn't know what to do with it... So into my eggs it goes!)
boiled Kabocha squash
Chicken cacciatore (modified from nomnompaleo's recipe)
1/2 avocado
Coffee, black

Meal 2:
Spaghetti squash and homemade spaghetti sauce (tomatoes, tomato paste, peppers, onions, broccoli)
(it tasted a lot better than it looks)

Meal 3:
Chicken cacciatore
Kabocha squash mash (yum!)
Braised green beans


Thus far have not felt hungry at all. Had a little mid-afternoon craving for something to snack on, but was able to distract myself with work. If my clothes don't start feeling looser I may have to cut back on the portions. 

Small headache this afternoon and this evening. Probably the carb hangover that Whole9 describes here. I can't wait for the Kill All the Things phase (had a small urge to snap at one of my coworkers this afternoon already, heh).

It's about 8 pm, and my nikeplus fuel points total is 2968. I've set a goal for 3000 each day. Phew... Day 2 in the books!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job today! Give it some time and it will be time to go shopping for cloths!
Coach Robert

Eeyore99877 said...

(reads your post with my jaw dropped) WOW. Waking up at 5:30 to exercise (and doing crossfit!!!???!!!), cooking all your low carb meals, talking yourself out of an afternoon snack!!! Congrats! I want to be like you when I grow up :) except I don't think I could ever give up carbs

edeline lu said...

Thanks for the love!

Lisa, it's taken a loooong time of trial and error/failure for me to get here. You'll find what works for you too!

Unknown said...

WOW! your food looks amazing. I'm so proud of you. Where are you getting these recipes? Also, since paleo/zone i've been waking up in the middle of the night too. DRINKING SOOO MUCH WATER.

edeline lu said...

Steph, some I just make up, and some I use from Everyday Paleo or Nomnompaleo. Depends on what's easier.