7.5 - 8 hrs.
Am still feeling a little tired when I wake up, but I've definitely got more energy throughout the day.
Exercise:
none
Meal 1:
cauliflower fried rice with extra spaghetti sauce
coffee
Meal 2:
spaghetti squash with sauce (no picture because I ate in clinic in between patients -- it was a little crazy today)
Meal 3:
small bowl of spaghetti squash with sauce (no picture again because my parents were at my house and I just plain forgot to take a pic)
kabocha squash mash
strawberries
macadamia nuts
So you may be wondering what the title of this blog means. Lately Coach Rob has been emphasizing shoulders and mobility to keep proper form and prevent injury when lifting (almost everybody I know who lifts has a "shoulder thing"), and it's really become apparent to me that I have HORRIBLE posture. Without even realizing it, I scrunch my shoulders up and forward, which forces my neck and head forward as well. It's probably partly from being a slouch and partly how stress from the day manifests itself.
Coach Rob does a mental check every hour to remind himself of his posture. I started doing a self check as well, and it's pretty amazing how easily/quickly I slip back into my bad posture! I also like to look at it as a reminder to not let the stress get to me. Maybe it's all mental, but when I relax my shoulders and square them, I feel more ready to take things on? Try it!
It's 9:28 pm, and my fuelband reads: 2487

1 comment:
My posture is horrible, too, especially when I'm on my stool in my exam room. I should make it a point to check my posture during every patient. Good tip!
Post a Comment