Saturday, January 26, 2013

Whole30 day 13

Sleep:
Not sure, but around 8 hrs. Slept in until 8:30. I love Saturdays.

Exercise:
None. Chores and organizing my house.

Supplements:
Fish oil, D3

Meal 1:
Kalua pork (yes, I actually made more last night before going to the party) with spinach, onion, tomato and salsa.

I was still a little hungry after eating the plate above, so I decided to make some kale. I loves me some kale.

I've been meaning to organize my house for a long time. Since my parents moved here (and while they were living here), I let a lot of clutter go because there has always been something else to focus on. Things have been thrown helter-skelter into drawers, shelves, closets... wherever there was space. Opening closets and drawers drove me nuts, but I haven't had the time energy to clean up, so I've just been closing the door/drawer and pretending I didn't see it.

Maybe it's because my brain is clearer, or maybe my energy level is up, but I decided to tackle a couple of closets and rooms this afternoon. I made a pretty significant dent, but I still have a lot more to go (edit: I kind of think if I allowed myself to go on for another few years like this, you'd see me on one of those Extreme Hoarding shows. I have a giant pile of stuff that needs to be donated. I have no idea why I've hung onto it for so long).

The funny thing is, I feel so much better having cleared out some of the clutter. Is it crazy of me to say that the clutter was cluttering my brain, sapping me of my energy and making me fat? That's how I feel.

I got so caught up organizing my house that I completely missed lunch. The cool thing is, I wasn't hungry.

Meal 2:
Gyro plate with baba ghanoush and steamed veggies.
I was feeling a little too lazy to make dinner, so I went for takeout at a restaurant near my house. I was one of those people who asked a billion questions about how the meat and baba ghanoush was prepared ("is there any wheat, dairy, soy in the meat?" bleh. Ah well, I've come too far to mess it up on one silly meal) before finally ordering.

It's 7:35 pm, and my fuelband says: 3619. 





3 comments:

chungabunga said...

i really like that gyro plate you got! i need to find a place near work that offers something like that with the option to switch out the hummus!

edeline lu said...

it's yummy! I got it at a place called Chicken Dijon. I think it's a chain so maybe there's one near you!

Warning, though, the baba ghanoush has A LOT of garlic in it, so only eat if you don't have to talk to people in close quarters. :)

chungabunga said...

oh! there's one right around the corner from my box! i always forget about them in favor of zankou chicken :P.

oh, and i do reaaaaallly like garlic :).