7 hrs, no interruptions, but it definitely felt too short when I woke up. Good thing tomorrow is Saturday.
Exercise:
CrossFit
It's still raining pretty hard this morning so no walk for Kina :(
Supplements:
Fish oil, D3
Meal 1 + bonus post WOD meal:
Salmon
Kale stir fried with garlic and olive oil
Butternut squash purée
Half an avocado
Meal 2:
paleo chili
Meal 3:
paleo chili
handful of macadamia nuts at 6:00 pm after work, before going out to celebrate a birthday (so I could stay strong in the face of temptation).
Meal 4:
lettuce-wrapped burger with bacon and avocado (at the party)
I have a feeling I ate too much today in total, but dah well. Win some, lose some!
I forgot to log my fuelband points, but I was over 3000 before the party.
Social events are kind of tough. I really wanted to have some chips! The good news is, though, that my diet has been clean enough that the big, hairy, angry hunger monster doesn't take over anymore. Turning down stuff that isn't good for me is waaay easier when I'm not carb-addicted.


4 comments:
i am totally a sucker for the fresh-made potato chips from the burger place across from work!
A lettuce wrapped burger with bacon and avocado sounds like an excellent compromise during the birthday dinner, and you were smart to eat some nuts beforehand. Keep up those excellent food decisions!
Hey Edeline, do you think the Nike fuel band is worth $150? I've been thinking about getting a pedometer and the fuel band looks interesting. Do you find it motivates you to move more? Is it a bracelet, and is it weird to wear it to work?
Lisa,
I like having the fuelband over a pedometer since a lot of my activity doesn't necessarily involve taking steps. The fuelband will also count steps for you if you really want to keep track of how many steps you've taken. I set a goal of 3000 fuel points every day, and check it every so often throughout the day so that I know if I'm on track to hit that goal or not. If I can tell that I'm not moving enough, it's a reminder for me to get up and walk around a little more or go for a walk, so it does make me move more (unless I know it's recovery day, then I will do whatever I normally would do).
I wear it pretty much all the time, even at work. It doesn't really get in the way. It's kind of like wearing a bracelet/watch (it will display time too).
Post a Comment