today was my 2 month weigh-in and measurements. I don't remember everything, but here's what I do remember:
1. lost 1 inch off my neck (so random, but awesome)
2. lost 4 inches off my chest (yes, this is a downside to losing weight... i have been wondering where my boobs went)
3. lost 1.5 inches off my hips
4. mike said my legs are very even. I don't really know what that means, but there was a 0.5 inch difference between the two when I first started, and now they are about even. Apparently it's very tough to get them even? No idea.
5. grand finale.... ready for it?? Lost 18 lbs! My scale at home says 16 lbs, but I know i didn't weigh myself on the very first day I started training, so maybe I had already lost 2 lbs by then. Either way, that number is blowing my mind.
I couldn't help but laugh at myself, because I think any normal person would be jumping up and down and doing fist pumps. I just kinda stood there, stunned. The only thing that came to mind was "whoa." hee.
Mike did some calculations, and said I was down 3.6% body fat-wise, but he doesn't think that's possible, considering how much i've lost in the caliper measurements. He thinks it's because i am in a new age category (*sigh*), and that's throwing things off.
I KNOW I've lost body fat, because I am stronger than i have ever been, and my clothes are fitting better (i've actually had to stop wearing some of my clinic clothes because they just look too sloppy/baggy).
This was just the kick in the pants I needed to keep me going. I was beginning to feel a little discouraged because the diet was so tough to adhere to this week (I ended up giving in to carb cravings and had a piece of carrot cake at work... which meant I had to have string cheese for dinner that night... which made for a very miserable night), and as far as I could tell, the scale hadn't budged for the last two weeks, despite my best efforts. I did notice, though, that my tshirts were fitting better, so maybe I was gaining muscle, just not losing weight?
I think I need to stop being so hard on myself for the slip-ups, and stick to my guns by getting back on track as soon as I make a mistake. Looking back was making me miserable.
It's amazing to me how fragile my self-esteem is sometimes...
3 comments:
that's pretty awesome! i wish i could get myself to consistently work out like you do...
CONGRATS, KEEP GOING!
WHOA! You are one bad ass MF! You are well on your way to getting to your goal. Congrats!
Post a Comment