Thursday, June 4, 2009

down 10 lbs, baby!

3 workouts last week to make up for the missed workout the week before. I don't quite remember everything that Mike made me do, but I will say that suicides is a new dirty word to me.

Checked in with the scale yesterday to find out I have lost 10 lbs! I reweighed myself this morning to make sure it wasn't just water weight. Sho 'nuf, I'm down 10 lbs. It's been six weeks (i think?) which is pretty effing awesome (for me).

This week's workouts have been particularly painful. I don't know if it's because I haven't been sleeping well, eating enough the day before the workouts, or because Mike has been ramping up the workouts, etc, but I kind of want to die about halfway through. I have yet to actually throw up (probably because I don't eat anything before I go), but have felt the need to throw up at both workouts this week. I busted out the whiny bitch on Tuesday, and she made a cameo appearance today as well.

Things I hate doing (but Mike makes me do anyway): suicides, crawls, stairs of death, and today's newest addition -- duck walk followed by jump squats with the easy curl bar. Shiet. I was openly swearing (not at Mike, mind you). I'm pretty sure my mom would've been ashamed.

After doing duck walks and jump squats, Mike made us lunge around the parking lot, and then run 3 laps. Then, just when you'd think we were done... he made us finish with 10 mins on the stairs of death. The girl I train with (Jackie) was singing Britney Spears the whole time she was on the stairs just to help her pass the time faster. I was torn between really wanting her to shut up, and giving her props for being able to sing while doing the stairs of death.

Hoping to keep it together this weekend... Have a 30th bday party to go to tomorrow night (I'm dd-ing, so hopefully that'll get me out of a lot of empty calories and carbs). I'm getting better at just saying no to certain things. I made my own dinner last night when the church folks came with pizza. It smelled delicious, but not enough for me to undo all the work I've done thus far. Go Ed. :)

2 comments:

chungabunga said...

go, ed! wow, you've got awesome dedication and the results prove it! i need to be dedicated like you...

Easy Peasy said...

Hey Ed that's AWESOME! Congratulations on you results. Can't wait to see you next week ;-)