Tuesday, June 16, 2009

my dog eats more carbs than i do

just got back from working out this morning. I figured it's been a while since i blogged, so here is today's workout:

1. warmup on treadmill
2. suicides (effing A!)
3. deep squat with bar (the soft light one). Start out sitting/almost asian squatting on low step with bar on shoulders, stand. Repeat. I forget how many reps
4. static lunges (40? each leg)
5. 20 j's
6. 1 lap
7. 20 j's
8. burpees with a jump up, crawls, mountain climbers (20 reps each -- again... effing A!)
9. quad extensions (starting w/ mid-weight for 20, high weight for 15, low weight for 30). This machine always burns, no matter how many reps, or weight.
10. jump squats
11. prone hammie curls (see reps for quad extensions)
12. jump squats
13. more hammie curls, this one on the machine that has you seated
14. 1 lap
15. 20 j's
16. stairs of death for 10 mins. Ramped it up at 8 mins and 9 mins (mike made me push the button myself the last time... can't believe i actually pushed it... if i were smart and/or more devious, i could've just pretended. dammit)
17. 4 laps

didn't do much as far as cardio outside of my workouts with mike last week because I managed to get sick. :( I did, however, finally swim laps at the community pool. It's a great pool. Standard 25 yard pool. One lap is to the other end and back (2 lengths). I swam 1 mile on Sunday, in sets of 4 laps, alternating freestyle and breast stroke. The goal is to be able to do all of it freestyle, with shorter breaks in between. The water was so choppy, though, that I got worn out pretty quickly at first. I usually hit my stroke at about lap 15. After that, it gets easier.

went for a run/jog yesterday with alfie. I am building up to running a mile nonstop (i kid you not... after all this training, i still can't run a mile nonstop... i sucks at running). I must've done something to my hip flexors swimming, cuz it actually hurt to run. Walked another 3 miles after the initial run.

food was a challenge last week, cuz there was a bday cake for one of my bible study peeps sitting in my fridge all week, as well as tortilla chips from the dinner. I will admit, i ate the tortilla chips a couple of days before i finally threw the bag away. I am proud to say that i didn't touch the cake, and managed to watch my bro and joe eat it right in front of me. I also made turkey burgers on sunday (i didn't eat the bun), and sent the extra buns home with my bro. There was one left over, which i smeared with peanut butter and fed to alfie. I think he gets more carbs than I do.... is that sad?

1 comment:

YoungVeezy said...

good post, I'm real impressed with the swimming!