yesterday's workout (legs day. uggggggh):
walking lunges, two lengths of the parking lot
25 jump squats followed by 25 half squats
shuffle-shuffle-squat, two lengths of the parking lot
up-downs
sit ups followed by oblique work
squat thrusts with 10 lb dumbbells. Traded for 12 lb-ers halfway through, and then did one-arm thrusts with superman jump for the last 5 of the set for each arm. Again, i got no hops.
static lunges followed by jumping lunges (all left leg first, then all right leg)
two laps
50 j's
something here that i can't remember. must've been so bad i've blocked it out
stairs of death for 10 mins. first 5 at level 7, then up to level 9 for the last 5 minutes. I STILL suck at this. Had to take a 10 second break A LOT (it's actually about 9 seconds before the stairs completely stop moving from the momentum I create when I'm on them... I allow myself that much of a rest before I get back on. The goal is to not let the stairs stop moving) during the last 5 minutes. Level 9 is just above my threshold for stamina, so my legs were screaming.
was talking it over with my bro, and we've established that somehow I ended up with more of the bulky fast-twitch/sprint muscle, and he has more of the slow-twitch/long-distance/endurance muscle. He can run forever (he was on the track team in high school), whereas I suck at running, but according to him, am freakishly strong for a girl (I think it's cuz he used to sit on me and hold my wrists behind me when we were kids -- i had to develop the muscle to push him off). He can still lift a lot too (which, again, is why i wonder how we are from the same gene pool... all the physical stuff comes so easy for him).
haha, i was thinking if you turned us loose in the African safari, I would def not be able to outrun the lion. My brother, the gazelle, might. Guess i'll have to cultivate more brains to outthink the lion.
If I look at my extended family on my dad's side, half of them are skinny as hell (i used to wonder if i could break their arms just by squeezing too hard). They are all in China, though, so some allowance needs to be made for nutrition and training (being small, pasty and soft seems to be the desired trait in Asia). The other half are built more like me and my dad -- stocky. Too bad I'm a girl, and stocky isn't very cool.
on that front, though, Daph showed me some training vids for female MMA fighters, Gina Carano and Cris "Cyborg" Santos. Wow. They are my new idols. Cyborg kind of scares me, but Gina is actually pretty hot. They both kick some serious ass. Something for me to aspire to...
1 comment:
cyborg is crazy!
Post a Comment