I was waxing philosophical in the gym yesterday during a gruelling back/arms/chest workout (I know, I know, I said in a previous post that I block everything out during workouts and just focus on being there... but I can't help it if my mind wanders occasionally), and I realized that I should be looking at what happens in my life as challenges rather than obstacles.
In the gym, I/Mike push/es me beyond what I thought I could ever do. The sense of accomplishment I get from that is _almost_ more valuable than the physical change. If you'd talked to me four months ago, I never would have believed that I'd be where I am now (the outlook of a fat girl is never really that positive). There's always gonna be that moment where you think you can't do it. Can't finish the set -- shit, you probably CAN'T finish the set (and I often don't). But if you regroup, take a break, and just power through, eventually you get something more accomplished than if you just throw up your hands and give up.
The same applies to my life. These past few weeks have been really stressful. It's all relative, tho. If i look at it as stressful, it will be stressful. If i look at it as an opportunity to push my limits, then I know somehow I will come out better than when I started. So, no more bitching and whining about how my life sucks. I'm pretty damn fortunate (great job, great family, GREAT friends). I can deal with this, and I can get through it, cuz I am better than it (hahaha, i love how i need daily affirmations... from mySELF). :)
I can't remember what I did for workout yesterday (maybe I need ginseng or gingko biloba or something... my memory SUCKS). Here's what I do remember, in no particular order:
Stairs of death at top speed for 5 minutes at the end of the workout. Fuuuuuuuck. Try as I did, i couldn't stay on the whole time, and I kinda felt sick afterwards. There really is nothing fun about the stairs of death.
Running laps around the parking lot with 10 lb dumbbells in each hand: also not fun. Felt like a retard. :)
Also felt slightly retarded doing woodchoppers on the cable machine.
lots of pushups/variations on pushups. My arms felt like fettucini noodles afterwards, but mostly i couldn't help thinking Hunh. I am still too heavy for this.
bicep curls using 15 lb dumbbells for one set, then 12 lb dumbbells for second set.
dips on the bench
chest presses with 25 lb plate; sit ups with 25 lb plate (ugh)
kick outs and knee ups (my abs are still sucks -- hahaha, i really need to stop using engrish, but i love it so. i think it's prolly time to change my tagline, but i get a chuckle out of it every time i think of the cracker box)
cable rows followed immediately by kick outs, 8 sets (Mike called them 8x8's?)
I've been getting the diet back on track... ever. so. slowly. inch. by. damn. inch. So hard to get back to clean eating when you've been eating crap. It's like my body is addicted to crap. I can't wait until my kitchen is back up and running again so I can prepare my own meat and have some leafy greens besides salad (wtf... did i just ask to eat leafy greens??)
No comments:
Post a Comment