Friday, July 18, 2008

Long overdue...

Yes, that's right. I am a lazy ass. I should be updating this more regularly, but out of sheer lack of will power to force myself to go to my car and get my lifting journal out, I haven't. So much for wanting to cover 10,000 steps a day...

Anyway, I won't bore you with the details. Here's the latest workout D and I did yesterday. I think we have a week or two more before we wrap up phase 1 with the AMRAP workouts (oh god...):

Squats (sets/reps/weight): 2/10/75#
push-ups: 2/15/bw -- I was hoping to increase the reps by now, but the last two or three of these are still kicking my ass. I will say the first five or ten are a lot easier than when we first started.
seated rows: 2/10/75#
step-ups: 2/10/55#
prone-jackknife: 2/12/bw

On a side note, we've run into a couple of very helpful strangers at the gym who've offered us some good advice on form. It makes me wonder what else I've been doing wrong...

After working out last night, I went to a bible study group, where I met a literal doubting Thomas (his name is Thomas, haha). I told him what D and I are trying to accomplish, and the first thing he said to me was "be careful, you don't wanna do too much weight because you don't want to get bulky, right?" Ugh... and *sigh* It makes me wanna get bulky just so i can kick his ass. Just kidding. That wouldn't be very Christian of me. :P

I will say, tho, that talking to ppl like that just makes me wanna do it more so i can prove them wrong. Now if I can only clean up the eating and get lean to show off the awesomeness that is developing under my layer of flab (I've noticed my shoulders have great tone... too bad the arm flab masks it, dammit)!

1 comment:

Easy Peasy said...

Hey, next time when people ask might want to consider saying -"YES, WE WANT THE BULK! In fact D and I are trying to become female bodybuilders."

We're a couple of bad asses...me and you! RAWRRR!