work and holidays really mess with my motivation to work out. I was supposed to work out on my own on Thursday and Saturday last week while D was in Vegas. Did I? noooooooope.
what did I do instead? I went out to Chipotle on Thursday with my bro and ate half a burrito bowl (I would get credit for not eating the whole thing except that I finished it off later that night... dammit).
Friday was July 4th, which started off with McDonald's Bfast (nailing my coffin shut here), a burrito, iced vanilla late from coffee bean, wine tasting in Santa Barbara followed by an ice cream cone at the pier, and vegetables and pasta for dinner. H-ohhh boy.
We didn't get back from SB until about 2 in the morning, so I spent Saturday recovering from the previous day. Had a "sensible" late breakfast, and skipped lunch. Went up to LA for dinner at C&O Trattoria with the bro again, where I managed to stop myself from eating the entire pasta dish... but not before I had eaten five or six (or eight) garlic knots. Ay me.
By the time Sunday rolled around, I was feeling pretty guilty about having gorged myself all weekend and not worked out, so I went to the gym:
exercise: (sets/reps/weight)
squats: 2/12/65#
push-ups: 2/12/bw
seated row: 2/12/70#
step-up: 2/12/2x20#
prone jackknife: 2/10/bw
I am really starting to hate step-ups. They are te.di.ous. I upped the weight considerably from last workout cuz according to alwyn's plan, i'm cutting down on reps. This is where i was before my long-ass break from working out when i moved down to so-cal. It'll be interesting to see how far i get this time.
I was still feeling guilty about not working out all weekend, so I decided to catch up by going to the gym again last night (two days in a row is not recommended, so I didn't push myself):
deadlift: 2/12/65#
dumbbell shoulder press: 2/12/2x15#
wide-grip lat pull-down: 2/12/70# (second set at 80#... ugh... might be too much)
lunge: 2/12/2x15# (forearms got tired, so switched the second set to a 40# bar)
swiss-ball crunch: 2/20/bw
i have another workout scheduled with D tonight. I'm not too sore, so I think I should be able to manage it. Hopefully i'm not ruining myself by doing these workouts back-to-back. Moral of the story? DO NOT PUT OFF WORKING OUT AND TRY TO CATCH UP!!!
1 comment:
WOWSERS! Seems like a fun weekend! Now YOU PAY!
Post a Comment