1st workout:
200 m jog around the parking lot
stretching
then we did the Kelly, which was:
5 rounds of
400 m run
30 box jumps
30 wall balls
because it was my first workout, Rob told me to do 3 rounds instead of 5. The aim was to get it all done in 30 mins (it took me a little over 22 mins to just do 3 rounds).
I used a 10 lb ball, and the lowest box for the box jumps.
definitely room for improvement.
today, we did tire flips!
warm up was some hopping, skipping, lunging, and dodgeball (which reminded me so much of PE in grade school that i really did not enjoy it).
then, we did 2 rounds of:
situps
pullups (assisted for me, of course)
burpees
lunges
tire flips
box jumps
each exercise was one station, and we had a minute at each station to do AMRAP. Each team totaled up all their reps. My partner and I came in with 358, which sounds like a lot, but we were somewhere close to the bottom. I'm glad I can say my numbers came in close to my partner's, who has been coming to crossfit for a while. At least I didn't drag him down...
the thing i've noticed about crossfit is that it makes you want to vomit while you're working out, but I don't think i sustain the burn for as long as i did with Mike's workouts. I'm definitely going to have to work something else into my week to keep my metabolism going.
No comments:
Post a Comment