Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ow.

Just when i thought the stairs of death couldn't get any worse, mike upped the ante.

Workout this morning:

sprints, 5 lengths of the parking lot. Jog down, sprint at full speed back. I know "retarded" isn't PC, but there is no other word for it. I think I am a slightly retarded runner. Or maybe very retarded. I'd rather not see myself, but I FEEL retarded when i am doing it.

5 sets of:
cable seated rows, 8 reps at high weight? (i know "high" is a relative term, but i can't remember what the weight was)
25 j's

2 sets of:
cable rows with the attachment in lowest position, pulling handlebars into stomach, 20 reps each.

2 sets of:
cable rows with attachment up high? 20 reps. wow. my memory stinks.

2 sets of:
lat pull-downs, but inside grip, so I guess it's a chin-up-like movement; less lats, more shoulder/chest? hahaha, i really should stop trying to name these exercises.
10 burpee-pushups between sets

sqauts in the cage (rawr):
starting with just the bar, 15 reps
then 95 lbs, 10 reps
then xxx lbs, 8 reps
then 135 lbs, 6 reps

20 speed skaters in between squat sets.

then outside with 12 lb medicine ball, walking lunges for the length of the parking lot. There and back is one set. Ball held on the side of the front leg for added abs work for first set, then ball held directly overhead for second set.
10 burpees on the ball between lengths for first set, then 20 jump squats between sets.

My legs were already jello-ish by this time. Here comes the real ow:

inside for stairs of death... wait for it... INTERVALS!
one of the machines goes as high as level 14. Mike has had me on level 12 this whole time, and I thought that was as high as it went... dammit.

level 14 for one minute, then down to 7 for a minute, twice. Maybe Mike was gonna push me for more, but, i pussed out.

I couldn't last more than 30 seconds at level 14, and Mike kept telling me to let go of the handrails (i couldn't last longer than 10 seconds not holding onto the handrails). If you ever want to feel like a heavy, lazy, worthless sack of sh*t, try this.

I finished with 2 mins on level 7, and pretty much wanted to die.

I am having a hard time walking normally now, especially if i sit for too long. :)

1 comment:

YoungVeezy said...

holy shit amazing workout!