last weekend was the nike human race.
results: ran the 5k in just under 35 mins. I was so excited to start the race that i forgot to check my start time. nike didn't bother with the chips that time you, so we were responsible for watching our start and finish time. Crossed the finish line just as the clock said 34:something.
I ran over half of it nonstop, which is a new record for me, especially for a non-treadmill run. I think the last mile got me, because I stopped 3 times to walk for about 20 seconds. My competitive side got the better of me, and i forced myself to start running again even tho i just wanted to walk the rest. It wasn't so much that I was tired... it was more the mental game of feeling like I had sooo much more to go.
i can't tell if that's a good time or not (i have no frame of reference), but I'm pretty damn proud of myself for doing it.
I am still a little amazed at myself and how much i have accomplished since i started working out with Mike. I NEVER would have been able to do this six months ago.
I've never been a runner. Absolutely hate it, in fact. Somehow, tho, I really enjoyed myself at the 5k. I'm pretty sure it was fun because of the company I had (ran with one of my students, two of my bible study buddies, and two friends from UCLA). I kind of want to try for the 10k next time, but I know it will require a lot more training and a lot more mental toughness. I must be going crazy...
Mike has me doing deadlifts, but I am having a hard time with form. As soon as he puts me at 135, my form falls to pieces, and I can't lift using my butt anymore. Mike had me stretch out after workout yesterday because my form sucked so bad, but my lower back kind of hates me despite that. Standing all day for fundus lens proficiencies today hasn't helped much, either. One more day of proficiencies tomorrow, and then hopefully I can take it a little easier.
My shoulders and chest are also sore from doing bench presses. I've come to the realization after watching guys do chest exercises that I have boobs, not a chest. :P How do you guys press so much?? Pressing two 25lb dumbbells makes me make my constipated face...
1 comment:
Awesome job, really proud of you!
Post a Comment