Friday, September 11, 2009

skinny bitch showing through

This ends the first week of 3 workouts a week with Mike.

Thank God there were no stairs of death today, because I think they may have actually delivered me to an early death. I kid, but I was REALLY tired by the end of the workout.

Today was more total body stuff:

3 laps around the parking lot

50 j's

walking lunges: two lengths of the parking lot = 1 set. 2 sets (fack, that hurt)

50 jump squats

wood choppers with quick change in between to alternate sides each rep: as many as possible in 20 seconds, then 10 second rest for 5 mins (holy shit bricks, this was hard!)

straight-arm cable pull-downs (works shoulders and upper back) 35 reps

push ups on the bench, 30 reps = 1 set. First set with hands close, second set with hands wide. Again, my upper body/arms are still not strong enough to do an awesome push up with the correct form. sigh.

25 j's

leg lifts with two 12-lb dumbells overhead, 50 reps

supine punches with 15 lb dumbbells in each hand (basically a one-armed chest press), as many as possible in 20 seconds, then as many tricep extensions as possible in 20 seconds. 3 sets of this, with flies and bilateral tricep extensions in the middle set.

2 laps

bicep curls with a towel: i held the middle of the towel, and mike held the two ends to provide resistance. Two arms at a time, then one arm at a time, then back to both arms, for 20 reps each set. I am still such a panty-waste at bicep curls, it's ridiculous.

2 laps around the parking lot with two 15-lb dumbbells in a farmer carry. Hopefully I was supposed to walk this, because running would've been physically impossible.

bicep curls with 12-lb dumbbells, 35 reps.

3 laps around the parking lot, with 30 j's in between each lap.


I'm noticing more definition in my arms, but they are still pretty flabby (esp. back of the arms). My waist is definitely more well-defined, and I got a compliment on my legs last week when I wore a dress (yes, ladies and gents, Ed, the eternal tomboy, wore a dress. It must be cold in hell). Hello, skinny bitch.

I hesitate to call her the skinny bitch, because I don't really want to be skinny. Skinny implies no muscle tone/softness/weakness. But just calling myself a bitch doesn't really convey the message either (as much as the title "bitch" alone might suit me -- no comments, please, haha). :P When I look in the mirror now, I can see the skinny bitch showing through at times. Welcome, new friend. Come out and play. Please stay a while. I promise to not let the fat girl eat you away.

No comments: