Alfie is doing much better now that he is on anti-anxiety medications. We are leaving him inside the house during the day in the laundry room. I feel bad for him because this means he has to hold his bodily functions until either myself or my bro gets home (and it's usually my bro cuz I am gone for 10-12 hours at a time... makes me wonder if i should have a dog, but it's a little late for that now... who knew my schedule would suck donkey balls like this when I started??), but at least he seems to feel a lot more secure inside the house.
there is still a little barking when I leave, but for the most part, he's been quieter and calmer. I'm still waking up at 5 am to walk him before I go to work (cuz he doesn't get to run around outside anymore). I'm wondering if the barking will start up again after we take him off the meds. Ay me, if it does.
Stress at work is starting to level off a bit... 12 station is over, and I'm pretty sure my reptutation as a biotch is firm and secure. :P I saw some pretty questionable angle estimates and cornea exams tho.
I can't wait until next quarter when I will have fewer 8 am days. I. CAN'T. WAIT. 8 AM sucked as a student, and it still sucks as a doc. The ironic thing about school is that starting at 8 am doesn't necessarily mean i get out earlier. i am still there until 6 or 7 (sometimes 8) pm. What is the incentive for me to take the early shifts?? There is none...
I made my first appearance at the gym in a while because the little brown dog that lives at my house has been calmer. The gym in Irvine is uber-packed. I miss the unused gym in Saratoga, cuz the squat cage was always empty there.
Yesterday I did exercises with light weights at home during commercial breaks while watching The Biggest Loser cuz I got a haircut yesterday that reveals the fact that my double chin is growing its own double chin. :P I've decided having mirrored closet doors definitely has its pitfalls. Today I am a little sore... it wasn't the best workout, but it's way better than nothing. I'm hoping to get into a routine now so that I can work out more consistently. :)
1 comment:
hey there. poor alfie! stupid neighbors. hey, let me know if you have time to meet up sometime and workout. it'll be like old times. i miss my workout buddy!
Post a Comment