Friday, August 8, 2008

New World Record!

Not really... I am just impressed that I am posting 2 days in a row!

Worked out with D yesterday. I'm very glad I am going with her, because she has pushed me to new heights with the weight. She also bought me a pair of gloves with which to lift (thanks D! I don't have to worry about my ugly callouses when I shake ppl's hands anymore!). Now we are even more badass-looking -- not necessarily actually badass.

Here's what we did (sets/reps/weight):

  • squats (2/10/95#) triple digits here we come!!!
  • pushups (2/15/BW) still struggling with the last 3 of each set
  • seated rows (2/10/80#, 75#) see prev post about plateauing... can't seem to get much higher than this before it becomes too difficult to maintain form
  • step ups (2/10/55#) really hate these. Can't wait until we don't have to do them anymore.
  • prone jackknife (2/12/BW)

yesterday really challenged me. It felt great. After the shaky, nauseous feeling went away, that is. :P The thing that impresses me the most is that D stayed at the gym to go to a cardio kickboxing class. She is hardcore (and pretty badass, actually).

I am taking the more slackerish slow and steady approach. Gonna try to get some cardio in tonight after work.

1 comment:

YoungVeezy said...

Looks like i dont have to kill you