So I dropped off the face of the earth with the blog again... BUT! I did not go totally downhill.
I'll be honest. The funeral and the meal after was NOT paleo or whole30 compliant. I have had a cheat meal here and there, averaging about one meal a week. I'm learning to not beat myself up about it, because this is life. Life has to be livable.
I have been going to crossfit every. single. weekday morning for the past month (missed one Monday WOD on memorial day because I was recovering from a stomach bug), and I have felt like crap up until this week (read: I just wanted to take a nap alllllll day long, and was Miss Crankypants alllllll day long because work got in the way of said nap). This week, my body decided to catch up with my brain, and I am feeling awesome. Like I switched out my wimpy human blood for tiger blood.
I'm still not doing all the movements Rx'd (my foot decided to act up a bit again this week after a long day on my feet giving athletes eye exams at the special olympics on Sunday), but I am getting there! And I feel STRONG, which is really a great feeling.
I introduced a friend to crossfit by giving her a free month pass that I won at CFI's holiday party. I knew she would love it because she is strong, and she's not afraid to try new things. Nor does she back down from a challenge. She was crazy fit already, but she has passed me up entirely on some of the movements. There are parts of me (parts of which I'm not particularly proud) that hate the fact that she is kicking my ass after one month when it took me years to get where I am (albeit I backtracked a lot when I had to sit out months at a time for my two foot surgeries -- and gained 30 lbs in the process), because it means that I am more competitive than I'd like to admit, but I'm learning to accept where I am and work towards getting better. She is keeping me on-point with my drive during the WODs, and making me show up for WODs every single day, which is much more than I can say for myself when I was going on my own, so I am very thankful for that. I just need to let the need-to-be-awesome-at-everything go.
I have gained a couple of pounds, but I'm noticing some muscle definition where I used to have a soft, round profile. My pants split in the leg last week, but I honestly think it's because my quads are getting swoll, and not more fat that I put on (I'm pretty sure you could google "crossfit legs/booty" and you'd find lots of crossfit people complaining how jeans don't fit their asses anymore because squats and deadlifts will give you a derrierre you can bounce a quarter off of).
The plan is to up my cardio a little (doing a light jog when I take Kina for walks after crossfit, and work my way back up to a 5k) to see if I can help burn off some fat, keep up with paleo at least 80-90% of the time, sleep as much as I can, and blog when I need the accountability.
RAWR.
No comments:
Post a Comment