I'm trying not to count the days that I've eaten Whole30 style, but maybe if I start counting, it will help me stay on track?
Today, I am pooped.
Sleep: 7 hrs
Exercise: crossfit at 5:30 am followed by a short walk with kina, then yoga with mom (my mom went to yoga, you guys! I'm pretty proud of her) at 9. It's 7:53 pm, and my fuelband reads 3415. I think I was at 2600-ish after yoga. If you've never tried yoga, don't knock it until you do. It is truly an ass-kicking workout. I'm doing a 2 week trial at this place with my mom. I'm trying to find a studio that I like, then I will commit to going a couple times a week.
Meal 1:
This meal didn't happen until about 11 am because my mom and I stopped by a farmer's market after yoga (read: I was starving. Will not be doing that again anytime soon). Yes, I have become one of those people who go to yoga and shop at farmer's markets and gets csa boxes. First world problems? I'm full of 'em!
eggs, scrambled with veggies (spinach, zucchini, tomato, onion) and half a mini avocado
Meal 2: after eating, my mom and I went to Whole Foods. Yep, more cliche. My mom bought glutinous flour, thereby ruining the cliche (thank God!). We looked at the prices fish at Whole Foods, and decided to go to Costco instead.
I have been struggling with eating meat lately. Not sure why, but it just doesn't sound appetizing (am I headed towards pescetarianism? Who knows). I bought some halibut, and pan fried it. Whipped up some fresh pico de gallo and added some leftover broccoli/cauliflower rice to go with it, as well as the ever-present avocado as a fat source. I've always been afraid of cooking fish (it seems so fragile, and I never know when it's ready). This was my first foray into cooking white fish. I have to say, it was delish!
Meal 3: I picked up a rotisserie chicken while at costco. I almost didn't want to eat it, but I know I need some protein with every meal. I managed to eat a drumstick, which felt about right. Maybe it's not so much eating meat, it's cutting down on the portion sizes (maybe I was eating too much meat before??). I made veggie Japanese curry (not to be mistaken for vegetarian curry because I used chicken broth and ghee) and ate it with more leftover broccoli/cauliflower rice.
I conked out on the couch for about half an hour after eating meal 2, because well... I was tired. I love when I am physically exhausted, and I can sleep when my body wants to! It's the worst to be physically exhausted at work and have to push through another 4 hours of patient care. I am dreading the end of my staycation...
My new (selfish) goal in life is to be able to crossfit, yoga and cook. I'd be a pretty happy camper if I got to do all three every day (ok, let's just go all-out and add napping to that list). I know once classes start back up, something will have to give, but I'm planning on living it up this summer!


No comments:
Post a Comment