Monday, April 29, 2013

back to it (again)

So I started last week with the best of intentions, but it ended with a big fat pffft. There is nothing left to do but pick myself up, dust off my knees and get going again. I've learned from last week that maybe 4 non-paleo meals is too much. Each meal became a gateway drug to the next big fix. Live and learn, right? This week, I'm going to go for 2 non-paleo meals, and I'm going back to crossfit, knee or no knee. My brain/body need that reset, or the stress from work will make me stuff my face until I don't feel [the stress] anymore.

Today's stats:
sleep: 7 hrs. Fell asleep at 12:30 am/1am, woke up at 7:30, but snoozed until 8:30 am. This is a shitty way to sleep. I felt much better when I wasn't pushing past tired just to finish a tv show. Ben Franklin, as much as I hate to admit it, you were right. Early to bed, early to rise... make Ed feel a whole lot better.

Meal 1:
2-eggs scrambled with veggies (mustard spinach, tomato, onion)
half an avocado
Meal 2 (not pictured because I was too excited to eat it):
kalua pork (a la nomnom paleo) with salsa from Trader Joe's
grilled veggies (asparagus, zucchini)
2 tangerines (from CSA box -- so great, you guys! So flavorful)

Meal 3:
paleo Japanese curry
sauteed swiss chard (CSA box ftw!)
Green Goddess juice from Mother's Market (spinach, kale, celery, parsley, cucumber, apple, lemon)
I stayed late at work meeting with student to practice some extended BIO with them in preparation for the final proficiency in 2 weeks, so meal 2 and 3 came about 3 hrs apart in favor of me not starving to death and eating some bad-for-me snacks that the students bring to the lab when they practice (read: this is what happened last week).

I snacked on roasted seaweed and some trail mix (simply almonds, cashews and cranberries from Trader Joe's) as well. 

It's now about 9:20 pm, and my fuelband reads: 2488

Tomorrow, back to crossfit, and hopefully back to better sleep!

1 comment:

chungabunga said...

Stay strong, Edeline! Hope crossfit went well for you!