Man, have I been all over the place!
I have been officially cleared to resume life as "normal," according to my podiatrist. My foot feels just... okay, but I'm hoping with more physical therapy and time, I will be good as new. It still throbs and swells quite a bit by the end of the day, so I am taking it slow getting back into crossfit and exercise (read: I am only going to crossfit once a week, and trying to not eat too many fat bastards).
Fall quarter starts next Monday, and I am in charge of two classes. I've been frantically trying to prepare, but I know that there will still be horrible deadlines ahead of me this quarter, along with 10+ hour days and weekends at work to catch up on all the stuff I wasn't able to accomplish during the week.
I've been trying to psych myself up for fall quarter by breaking it down week-by-week with a plan of when I will go to crossfit, but my plans are usually too optimistic to really happen (ie, go to crossfit at 5:30 AM when I haven't been able to get up earlier than 7 AM all summer, or go to crossfit at 7:30 PM after a 10 hr day at work with no time to eat lunch). Need to find something that works and just stick to the plan.
I'm also taking the diet day-by-day.
Was talking to a friend the other day about how easy it is to get railroaded (my will power has been next to nothing lately), and how, once you're railroaded, it's even harder to get started back up again. 30 days? I'm having a hard time lasting 30 minutes on paleo these days.
My approach has been this: every day is a new day, with no mistakes in it. If I make a mistake, then tomorrow is a new day! Each time I have a successful day, I count that as the beginning of a streak. Keep going to make the streak longer. Let's see how long I can go with paleo (ultimate goal to 30 days). Thus far? My streak is 1 day (yesterday, haha).
What helped me stay accountable last time? Blogging. So here goes for yesterday:
Food: paleo (with dairy and soy sauce). Fewer than 50 g of carbs.
Exercise: none, but reached 2000 on the fuel band
I'll get more detailed if I need to, but I'm hoping that knowing I will be posting how I did will help keep me in check.
1 comment:
one day at a time. I like it :)
Post a Comment